kitesurfing instruction near amsterdam? - Kitecrowd Kite Forum

Thread: kitesurfing instruction near amsterdam?

Registered Retard

kitesurfing instruction near amsterdam?

Im heading over to Amsterdam to see friends for New Year, gonna be over there for a week.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any kite schools in the area where I can get some lessons (no instructors where I live)?

I found one place that is a hostel chain (Flying Pig) that offers instruction starting at 45 Euros a day but their website wasnt working too well. Anyone know anything about this place?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Registered Member
    That would be the flying pig beach hostel in noordijk, If your up for a laugh and don't mind not going 5* then it's not to bad. in house bar and free internet is as good as it gets, they do dorms,two bed rooms and four bed rooms. With the kitesurfing there are two schools I think in noordijk, the one I used was the one as you go onto the beach and turn right. Didn't fly as I was cameraman but the instruction seemed good.

Registered Retard
    Thanks for the info. Finally managed to find a kiteschool and it looks like it would cost a bomb, more than the UK.

Might just travel to an instructor in the UK instead

Registered Member
    If you are looking for lessons, i am teach up north throughout the whole winter. PM me!
    Flying:
    7m 2006 Slingshot Fuel
    11m 2008 Slingshot Fuel

Riding:
    Slingshot Lunacy - 129

Kitesurfing lessons in the North West with Kite it Right!!
    Fully Qualified IKO instructors
    More info HERE

Registered Retard
    Thanks Willg but its gonna be difficult making it over to the West coast from here as I dont drive. Ill look into other forms of getting over there, maybe get a mate involved so we can split petrol costs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by nibbleit View Post
    Im heading over to Amsterdam to see friends for New Year, gonna be over there for a week.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any kite schools in the area where I can get some lessons (no instructors where I live)?

I found one place that is a hostel chain (Flying Pig) that offers instruction starting at 45 Euros a day but their website wasnt working too well. Anyone know anything about this place?

There's some bloke called Ruben who kites near there. He might be willing to give you a few tips.

Registered Retard
    Quote Originally Posted by North Wind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nibbleit View Post

There's some bloke called Ruben who kites near there. He might be willing to give you a few tips.

tel 01663 733666 Shop Owner/Worker KiteItRight's Avatar
    Hello ther.

you want to go to a place called Scheveninghem...

This place is about 30mins from amsterdam internationl airport there is a kiteschool and bid kitescene there....

its an incredible place

and do visit the www.Brunottibeachhouse.com

its amazing!!
    id go back tomrrow
    Demo the North Vegas 2013 - Call 01663 733666

The KiteitRight Go Pro Megaloop vid 50,000, views and counting[/CENTER]

Registered Member
    Hi
    I've kited here http://www.hanglos.nl/asp/spo/spot.asp?spotid={926A258A-7D64-4B98-948E-14DBF4A854D5}
    Good place to learn quite shallow. There were lessons going on when I was there. There isn't a kite shop around so I guess you'd need to track a local instructor down, perhaps from the web site.

Kev