Are you new here? Introduce yourself. - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1746

Thread: Are you new here? Introduce yourself.

welcome to the mad house

you won't be the first or the last to suffer from BTD (BIGGUSTESTICILUS DISORDER )

so we all know its better to be a live chicken than a dead duck !!!!!!!!!!!!! (and thats a fact !!!!)
    ALL THE BEST.....
    FESTA

PIRATES OF THE ABERREAN

my obe.>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyai0RMDXp4
    http://www.thekiteco.com/
    CKS forum
    I hope its not to big !
    moderator: "it's rather big"ok i'll leavit as it is then

Dr Robin,

Great newbie story, thanks for sharing, most wouldn't own up to it though.

We see allot of lemmings where we fly inland, peps walking over lines or very near (underneath kites) fliers doing there thing, enven though we warn them and put kites up (or down) when muppets walk by, most people do not appreciate the power the kites produce.

I think you have learnt the first lesson, welcome to the Mad House and enjoy :-)
    Experience is usually gained, immediately after you needed it most.

Flickr YouTube

festa, chaos - meri buckets for the warm welcome! ;-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

fly safe bud and don't fly alone (well not till your skill level comes up a bit)

have big loads o fun
    ALL THE BEST.....
    FESTA

PIRATES OF THE ABERREAN

CKS forum
    I hope its not to big !

Registered Member
    Nice story Dr Robin, I chuckled a few times
    In the bag: (so far)
    Flexifoil Bullet 2.5 mtr
    Flexifoil Blurr 5 mtr
    Flexifoil Sabre 7 mtr
    Flexi SS Buggy
    Canon EOS 550D (18-55 / 55-250 / 50)
    Lots of determination!!!

My Wish List:
    Blade IV or V (4.9mtr)

New Registered Member Site Supporter
    Hi All,
    Seems like an excellent forum so I decided to sign up!
    My name's Dave and I'm living in Ireland. I've been in to kiting for about 5 years, but nothing serious or competitive, just messing around.
    I started out with a cheap 'n' nasty argos kite and quickly realised it was rubbish. So I bought a flexifoil 4.5m bullet. From there I progressed to a 7.5m hq apex, semi-depowerable and recently bought an 11m f-one revolt, my first inflatable water kite but haven't got out with it yet.
    As with Dr. Robin's case above, I live inland near a place called Kilkenny, which is like... slap bang in the middle of the country. So no beaches are local. Only fields with hedges, sheep, cows and nasty power-lines. So it's a pain when I want to get out for a blast because it's always a long drive to go anywhere suitable...
    I've done a bit of landboarding. I found it easy enough to master controlling the kite, but I'm still nervous on getting up any kind of speed on the board or doing anything mad. I guess it's just a case of lack of practice.
    I also took a couple of lessons on water and found it an awesome experience like nothing else imaginable, so going to try do more of that in time to come.

@ Dr. Robin, Pmsl at that epic post.

New Registered Member
    Hey Everyone!

I'm James, currently living in Derbyshire but soon hopefully moving to Sheffield. I tried Kiting out at Chatsworth Country Fair with Sheffield Kite fliers club! And from that little taster session I knew I wanted to get a kite and start Kiting! I've just come back from travelling so now I feel is the right time for me to get a kite. I've just been looking for good opinions on kites for a noob. And I'm sorta heading towards a HQ Beamer 3m or 3.6m.

I would eventually like to go into Kite surfing alot further down the line... As it looks awesome!

The other night I went upto watch Sheffield Kite Fliers in action at Lodgemoor. And hopefully I'll be up there soon!

James.

welcome to the mad house guys fly safe and long
    ALL THE BEST.....
    FESTA

PIRATES OF THE ABERREAN

CKS forum
    I hope its not to big !

Registered Member Site Supporter
    Hi new member
    After getting all my gear stolen 2 years ago and a couple of false starts I've now got the bug again.
    Looking to develop my land boarding, improve much more this year, do something other than go in a straight line for half a mile and walk back!!

Not long moved to outside of Wrexham so any local people be nice to meet up if you know of any local areas (Oswestry/Gobowen) or lift share down the coast.

Everyone has been very helpful so far so thanks!!!

Registered Member
    Hi all, learnt to kitesurf recently and have caught the bug!! Been kiting for a while but isn't quite the same as being on the water! Anyway, I'm from Peterborough and am looking for some other people to kitesurf with... =]

H gang,... Greeting from the States....

I'm about to reach my 2 yrs flying in the fall. I picked up a small 2 line stunt foil, then a way-too-big 5.6m PL lifting machine (aka Twister IIR).... I flew the twister until it spanked me, (followed by the purchase of a much tamer 3m) then played it cautious for a while until I traded the twister for something less lifty.... A few months passed and I grabbed a buggy and a few more kites, and now I'm addicted to the point where seeing the wind in the trees starts me pining. I'm pretty strictly a buggier and don't have much intention of anything else. I fly all fixed bridle stuff, but someday think I might try depower... We shall see. I have very few good spots to ride here close to where I live (just outside the Atlanta metro area) but I make do with what I have. There is a killer beach about 5 1/2 hrs drive from me and I get down there when I can which is seldom.

Though the sport isn't as popular here in the US, there are a good many of us all spread out all over the States and we get together when we can. I'm pretty active on another forum that is frequented mostly by folks from the US and Canada, but also with several from all over the world. I joined here at KC to see what another forum might be like. I know one guy here (elfasa) is also on the other forum and has posted some of my pics of my tandem rig over in the buggy section, so you all have seen my kids

Hope to see you guys' perspective and I have enjoyed reading through the posts thus far.

Spencer
    Kites
    PL-- 2.6m Viper S
    PL-- 3.5m Reactor II
    PL-- 4m Core
    Born Kite -- 4m, 5.5m, 7m Nasa Star 3

Rides
    VTT Stinger-XR HYBRID BUGGY
    PL Comp XR with VTT rail kit

Current PB,... 26.6 mph,... MAN THAT'S FAST!!! (that's called sarcasm)

Allow yourself to be moved by that which cannot be seen.

Hey Spencer !

Welcome to KC

Thanks Tim
    Kites
    PL-- 2.6m Viper S
    PL-- 3.5m Reactor II
    PL-- 4m Core
    Born Kite -- 4m, 5.5m, 7m Nasa Star 3

Rides
    VTT Stinger-XR HYBRID BUGGY
    PL Comp XR with VTT rail kit

Current PB,... 26.6 mph,... MAN THAT'S FAST!!! (that's called sarcasm)

Allow yourself to be moved by that which cannot be seen.

New Registered Member
    Hello everybody!
    I'm new in Southampton and was wondering if anyone up for kitesurfing anywhere near here anytime soon? A bit of mixed experienced like 1st kitesurfing course until standing on a board, wakeboarding course and about 9 months of kitelandboarding using my 3.5 kite - so only with the wind Now got my 11m depower slingshot so ready for a new adventure! I've been once so far in Hill Head, managed to keep it in the air a few good time although due to rubbish wind didn't get to stand on a board.. so looking at the winds for this weekend it may be actually great! So let me know if you are going somewhere near here, I will be more than happy to join!

Quote Originally Posted by hutton View Post
    Hi all, learnt to kitesurf recently and have caught the bug!! Been kiting for a while but isn't quite the same as being on the water! Anyway, I'm from Peterborough and am looking for some other people to kitesurf with... =]
    You probably have been to Hunstanton but if you come over to Old Town you'll find a great bunch of lads. Just say hello and you're in.
    Cock of the year 2012 and 2013 and now 2015.

Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast