Are you new here? Introduce yourself. - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you new here? Introduce yourself.

Registered Member
    Hello all...

I've been flying kites for a number of years (mainly for fun at the beach) but now I want to have a bit more fun (added adrenalin) so I've borrowed a flexifoil bullet (2.5) from a friend (work colleague). I've had a bout 5 days of play, and getting used to the braking system at first was a bit tricky .... but I think I've got it sussed

I'll be trolling through the forums to see what other stuff I can learn.

New Registered Member
    Hi guys an girls I have flown many four line foil kite on handles. Gear in my possession at the mo is: Flexifoil blades 2m blade2, 4m blade3 (both on handles), 6.6m blade4 (on extream bar) and scrub ejector landboard. I'm looking to try and buy a second hand 10m Ozone Frenzy or 9.5m Flexifoil Saber to have a go at depower. I am a student in Swansea and often fly solo on Rossilli beach when the tide is out and there are only few people on the beach. I have been kiting for about 4 years now but due to other intrests my progression is very slow.

New Registered Member
    HI,

Im Andy from dagenham i got in to kiteing about six months ago
    ive got a rage 3.5 witch is a lot of fun and im looking forward to chatting to you guys
    soon

brax

4. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

New Registered Member
    Hi, got into kiteing 6 days ago.

Day 1: Played around with a HQ Beamer 2.5m. Great fun, felt like I was a kid again!
    Day 2: Played around with the 2.5m again but needed more!
    Day 3: Went out and bought a Blade V 4.9m. Great fun, bit scary (low winds)
    Day 4: Bit more breezy and this time got spanked by the Blade!
    Day 5: Took some time to reflect and respect the blade!
    Day 6: Unfortunately have to work. Bollocks!

Look forward to sharing experience with everyone!

Prad

Are you new here? Introduce yourself.

Hey all,

Love how more and more people are either joining the kiting world for the first time, or are veterans joining us here on Kitecrowd.

Enjoy!

Hi Rasga and the kite crowd...i take it this is the same rasga from the flexi site...? well i been out ov flyin now for few years and always been an avid blade fan...3,4.9,6.5 and 8.5...but gave up due to selling kites. well im bak and just bought blade 4m on ebay..im in trouble??? it luffs constantly..ive done all lines, loosened brakes...i really am stuck and so pissed at avin my buzz bak in life yet cant fly. rasgas pls help...lost on new forum,need to get this 4m up and running b4 lose heart....again. i mite just be dumb....sum1 pls help. it wont even sit in sky, constant spin on launch? pls pls pls help some1....from daz dare ov the welsh valleys.

New Registered Member
    Hello all, just getting into kiting with my son. We have two kites at the moment, flexifoil buzz bought for fun on holiday last year and liked it so much we then bought a flexifoil sting 2.4m. Thats fine for the moment but will look to get bigger soon i am sure.

westwardho
    Hi,

I am very new to Kiting and have had my imagination expanded while watching people on Westward Ho! beach. I love Westward Ho! but am always surprised that there is very little information on the web about the town. So as an experiement I have decided to start one - and I would like to hear from anyone who has any advice or can write me an article on Kiting to put on the site.

Looking forward to learning more about Kiting and getting on the beach myself.

Roger

New Registered Member
    Hi all,

Me and the girlfriend have been messing around with a power kite for a couple of weeks now. I was never really interested in it but my girlfriend fancied having a go so I bought a Beamer 4 to mess around with on the beach. We flew the kite a few times over the weekend and had a blast. my girlfriend looks like she will be a natural (despite getting dragged along the beach on her face). We had fun and recon that we will be doing quite a bit more of it in the future so now we want to get hold of a water relaunchable kite so we can have a play around in the sea. We have got loads of questions to ask about kit and techniques so we will probably be posting a few up here in the coming weeks. It looks like there is already plenty of good advice on here already tho so we ahve a fair bit to go at. Will probably see a few of you down the beach sooner or later too :-)

Mick and Jacq

New Registered Member
    Hi I am 36 from Manchester and just got into kiting and buggying i started kiting with a 2 line 1.8 meter kite had that for 12 month and now I have just bought a 4 line Peter Lynn 5m hornet and a spiderkart buggy. I have also invested in a full face helmet pads and a Scrub harness (not used the harness yet). I am looking for places to go pref beaches from around Liverpool up to Southport for locality but large parks will do does anyone know if Heaton Park in Manchester allows buggying and is it a good site to use.

New Registered Member
    Hi Everyone,

I have been kiting for close to 3 months now. Have been static flying the 2 kites (Cooper 2.6m and 5.6m) which is a whole lot of fun. It really gives a very good workout to the arms and body. Would like to move on to a bigger kite soon...

Hopefully I can get a Blade IV or V.

Have a great weekend!!! =)

New Registered Member
    Hi All,

Been looking at this forum lots and now joined its really good for info my son and i both kitesurf and enjoy reading our local area threads now need to get involved.
    Thanks Kite crowd
    Brian and Ellys

New Registered Member
    Hi there, I started kiting in NZ whilst I was living there but now am back in UK (Edinburgh) and keen to brave the water over here!
    Looking to buy a board around 135 - 140cm preferably used. Anyone with something like that to sell, I'm all ears.
    Cheers
    Jon

Up~up~and~away!
    Hey Folks!!

I'm Ryan from Boston lincs, started kiting last May and a year later and i'm a complete wind junky my brother introduced me to kiting by taking me to a demo day at skeg, after 3 poor attempts at keeping a 3m hornet in the air and ended up flat on the floor every time i vowed not to let it beat me.
    I fly a 3m beamer, decided to start small seeing had next to no experience... completely sold me from day 1, often fly my bro's 4m beamer and recently a 4m blade (oh my lord)... I got a peter lynn buggy last month, which is slowly starting to come together, practice makes better ...looking to get a bigger kite hopefully soonish ...
    I try to get to mablethorpe as much as possible but spend alot of time at butterwick playing field..
    Any tips, hints or advice is always appreciated.
    Cheers Ry

New Registered Member
    Ello,

My names Matt. I'm 19, I have a 3.3 String and an Kheo Kicker Board..

Looking to move up to something bigger, I've dabbled with a 4m of a friends, love being lifted.. just finding the right wind to use it in.

Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast