Are you new here? Introduce yourself. - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117
Results 1,741 to 1,746 of 1746

Thread: Are you new here? Introduce yourself.

Welcome whitebear. Bigger is always better. Ask my wife . Many of us are landlocked but we still get to venture coastwise occasionally. As for the kiteboarding, there are no steps to tread before having a go. Just ring someone like Kite eze and book a lesson. Thats all you need.
    Cock of the year 2012 and 2013 and now 2015.

New Registered Member Site Supporter
    Hi all!

After a few years of playing with various stunt kites, and also because of lack of ski slopes in England (I'm originally from the Czech Republic and there is a lots of mountains all over the place so I was born with a pair of skis on and really miss the winters where I just could nip off for evening skiing after school/ work and spend the whole weekends on the slopes), I've decided to take this to the next level, bought myself a 4mtr HQ Beamer IV.

Now I've been flying it over a few months and a couple of weeks back I bought myself a 2nd hand mountain board. Tried it on a few grassy hills, noticed that it is a bit different than snowboard, but I think the difference is similar like between inline skates and ice skates. Now I'm trying to join the skills together, it is not easy to learn inland as the bloody wind is gusty and folds to foil every so often especially on the edge of the window, but I think I almost got to a point I can ride, control the kite and the board in the same time (still on handles, and until I'm confidently going both directions I'll stay on handles). So instead of nipping out for skiing, I'm nipping out on my lunch breaks at work to get some wind to the sail. If I won't see any progress I'll get a lesson in spring

It is a lovely hobby and I'm afraid I'm a bit addicted to it already and that my family budget will have to take this kiting impact as well. lol

Welcome to the forum snooffy, don't hesitate to post any questions about traction kiting, everyone here will be glad to offer advice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by smoo View Post
    Welcome to the forum snooffy, don't hesitate to post any questions about traction kiting, everyone here will be glad to offer advice.
    Some only for money I'm afraid. Anyway Snoofy, you say and I quote " and until I'm confidently going both directions I'll stay on handles"
    It is far easier to board with a bar and massively better with depowerable kites. That'll be a quid please or 1.14 Euro.
    Cock of the year 2012 and 2013 and now 2015.

Registered Member
    hi everyone , i'm back , brancaster lover. I was just slide once but now i'm slide333....pete
    Last edited by slide333; 17th January 2017 at 19:22.

Registered Member
    well i just got an email sayin I got to pay a pound every month so its bye bye from me - cya

Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117