Are you new here? Introduce yourself. - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you new here? Introduce yourself.

hey andy, have you tried a harness? it shud help with yourproblem with holding the kite for so long and it should be more comfortable?

yo. im richard n i aint flown any kite but obviousely the lil stund kites etc. i want to start the sport and have a mountin board but i can't decide which to get-kitewing or power kite. i live on the border of the north york moors and also very near the beach were theres sand dunes and a 10 mile stretch of sand. in the moors theres lots of heather etc so if i get a power kite it may get tangled. If i get a kite wing i guess i can do a lot more and it looks easier. what do y'all think i should get? Anyway, i regularly go to the beach and moors and always like treing new things, meeting new people and visiting new places. soon im hopefully getting a van soon so i can do this.

New Registered Member
    Hi, My name is Rich, I have loved flying kites for as long as I can remember, though I dont get enough time to do it. I have a Flexifoil delta wing kite but I cant remember the model, great fun to fly though, a non descript 5m2 power kite that I got off flea-bay and have since put flexifoil lines on and a flexifoil buggy, though I have only used this a couple of times so far.
    I live in Derbyshire, UK, just between Chesterfield & Sheffield and my other love is motorcycling.
    I am going to Normandy in the Summer and am hoping to take my buggy with me there if I can find any beaches which allow it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

Registered Member
    Hi Rick

NOt tried a harness YET, but my mate has just bought an Ozone Base SB harness that he is raving about and I'm going to try this weekend.

Im loving jumping with my crossfire, get the timing right and it feels soooo nice !!

Heres to sun and wind this weekend !

Tosh

New Registered Member

Hi

Hi all!!!! I love to kitesurf, o yes i do

New Registered Member
    Hi folks, I'm Mike,

I'm completely new to this kiting malarkey, had a play with a blade 6.6 from a guy at work, been lifted off the ground, dragged through sand and mercilessly slammed face first into the dirt on a buggy, needless to say the bug has bitten and I am looking forward to getting my own.. If anyone has their eye on that blade 6.6 for sale on the forums better grab it soon.. Actually, please don't

Hopefully I will be around a for a while, assuming I don't drift off over the horizon!

Cheers,
    Mike

SJPhotographer
    Hello there!

I'm new to the world of powerkiting having just bought my first - a 3m PeterLynn Hornet and after taking it out down on Dunster Beach whilst on holiday last week it's safe to say me and the missus are hooked!
    We both live in Walsall but I travel throughout Staffordshire with my work, and I'm frequently up North and down in the South West too.
    Hopefully will be a great community to be part of and will meet some great people on here and get great advice and tips to get us started - and also meet a few of you soon too!
    Back to editing photos again now - no rest for the wicked!

Stuart

Good to see so many new folks on here.

New Registered Member
    Good day all,

I'm bam from the Philippines and I've been flying kites (single, dual-line and power kites) for a while now. I fly a Samurai 5m and a recently a Yakuza 7.3. Just found this forum and wanted to say hi and "kamusta" as we say around these parts to all.

New Registered Member
    Hello

I have been kiting for about 4 years now, i have an old blade, flexfoil ion III 10.5, trampa deck, looking to find my next kites

you fly a samurai?!?!
    lucky bugger!!! !

welcome all

Registered Member
    Hiya there Rasga,

Thank you for accepting me to your great forum. I have really enjoyed reading some of the threads. It seems like the best place to start making new friends in this amazing sport. Keep up the good work and long live kitecrowd.com.

sjh
    New Registered Member
    Hello, my name is Stuart and I switch between Manchester and Northeastern Pennsylvania on a regular basis. I have a flexifoil Blade II 4.9m2, mostly recreational flying although I have had a go at buggying. My mate who got me into kiting decided to get married recently so I haven't seen him for a while... ...as a result my kite flying career has come to a bit of a stop. I would like to get into landboarding and maybe get my own buggy eventually.
    Cheers
    Stuart

New Registered Member
    Yo

Just had my first taste back on the water after a year of being slack and want a whole lot more soooooooo here I am. Keen to catch up with peeps that are heading off for weekend missions or anything in the school holidays (teacher alert!!). Not too familiar with UK spots so any advice is welcome.

Looking forward to getting out there.

Jay

welcome, check out the buggy and landboard section for advice and tips.

to any one who is new to the sport i made this thread to help:
    Newbie tips

Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast