Are you new here? Introduce yourself. - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you new here? Introduce yourself.

New Registered Member
    Technically new, I guess
    How's it going?
    Had my account for ages, just harsh winter months piled up and whatnot.
    Local to Torquay, at the bottom of Devon, hope to see you places and stuff

New Registered Member
    Hi all,
    Im Rob from Shrewsbury. One my first decent kite ( Peter Lynn Hornet 5.0). Prior to this been using a 3.0 cheep chinese import. Massive power difference!
    Not sure what route I want to go down yet, buggy or board. Ultimatley looking to go on the water, but that will have to wait a while. Just been out all afternoon with a great bunch of lads that have given me much needed tips and guidence. I think I have the bug!!

New Registered Member
    Hi,

I found your site today while looking for a kite spot to go on my next holiday. I'm a kite beginner but totally loving it. As I'll have the possibility to visit kite spots all over the world due to my job, I hope I'll be able to give some tips, not only look for them.

Hi All,

Andy here. I'm a mountainboarder and looking to get into kite landboarding by borrowing kit at first and getting taught by mates.

Love the forum, loads of great info here.

Cheers!

Registered Member
    bin flyin about 2 months now jus started messin with depowers n kite landboarding now moderaters moderate me this is my 4th post since last week n i want in lol. PEACE!
    Being a well respected stoner in the community I think I can speak for the general populus when I say that rolling paper manufacturers will never get it right.....................................

They're always cutting corners

The Bag :-

06 North Vegas 10m
    Peter Lynn Venom2 13m
    F-One Bandit3 10m
    Peter Lynn Arc 840
    Flexifoil Aaron Hadlow 130

New Registered Member
    Hi all!!

Just joined this site, have been reading through the older posts and it seems you are all a good crowd! i'm returning to kiting after a 4 year break due to a bike injury, but am well eager to get going again!!! Only thing is that i've got to start off small again- was used to Ozone Frenzy's beast of a 10m kite, and Blade II's of all sizes.......... i've settled on buying a Flexifoil Sting 1.7m to get my eye back in again, plus my 11yr old fancies a go of flying for the first time.

****At the time of writing this, i'm also contemplating a Blade so i can set a flying goal for myself!!!!

Anyway, nice to say hi to you all, i'm sure you'll see me on here a fair bit as there is tonnes of useful info to read through!!

Peace out, Griffo

Registered Member
    Hi all,
    joined the forum to do some research,Got 2 young kids,thought it was about time to treat myself!
    All the best Pid!

New Registered Member
    Hello,

I am pretty new to flying big kites but have just purchased a HQ Beamer 1V 4 Meter kite. The power was as expected and just getting to grips with it! I previously owned a Flexifoil Stacker 6 but sold that years ago now.

At the moment i am just flying the kite in the local park but really want to get some hints and tips to help me learn how to jump and then onto a board or something.

If anyone knows of any clubs in Northants, it would be really useful.

Thanks

Nick

New Registered Member
    hello,

i have been kiting for about a year, i have a Symphony 1.7m, an old North Ckite, year old Beamer 4m, and recently a Liquid Force 6m bow kite -I am trying to learn to steer a buggy while keeping a kite airborne. I live on the prairies in Winnipeg, Canada -wish we had some of your beautiful long beaches nearby.. wind is very gusty here. I have been flying mostly static in a churchyard near my home, or a park on the south side of town about 45min from my home.

Registered Member
    hey all my names bendeman im in love with this sport and have been 4 years. i used to use swatk forum (pkdben) but now found this one iv been flying flexi bladeIII 4m and bladeIIII 4.9m (jumping), pkd buster 2m and 3m and a firebee 4m (when i get a need 4 speed). i love it and am hooked in this mentel sport iv now found my self a tidy lil mrs who is gettin addictied 2 the sport now aswell YESS!!!!!! just thaught id have a qiuick post on here inturduse myself and all that so yea if any1 fancys a meet i usaly fly over hengrove or weston when i can get down there so yea. need some more people to go flying with as gets boaring on ur own after 6 hours.
    have fun flying and im shure ur see me in the skys arround bristol some time

bendeman

New Registered Member
    Hi!

I am afraid I am a bit of an impostor on here! I own a kite (a Bullet I think!) which I had a suck-it-and-see go on a few years back. This resulted in me being dragged unceremoniously around a field and I since haven't used it! Ideally, I would like to learn (the proper way) how to kite surf, but I have no idea where is the best place to go to start. So this is half a "Hello" and half a "please help"... if anyone has any ideas to start me off I would be hugely appreciative! I live in Plymouth btw

Oh, and I do realise that a Bullet is not really suitable for the water but I assumed you get the hang of the kite on land first!

Thanks,
    Holz

Registered Member
    Hey

my name is Tim, i live in shrewsbury in the west midlands. ive been flying kites all my life, which is only a tiny 20 years but hay still a good set of experience. flown deltas, foils and big statics for ages but only within the last year gone to quad lines because of an impluse buy of a rage 3.5m. Regularly down the severn pitches with my blade 5 4m its a beast of a kite for being so small and is plenty to get my flexi or libre buggy going. Hoping to make the tranisition into land boards soon enough just to show up the skate park and start and get some huge air, so we can convert some more people to the sport and what a wonderful sport it is.

Tim

loads of new people now, welcome

just wondering but how did u find out about this/these sports?

New Registered Member
    Hi i have only started flying kite in the last year i bought a flexifoil rage 4.7m for my first kite and have got on fairly good and even managed to stay on a land board but i have always wanted to kitesurf so bought a old 2005 north 5th element bar a seat harness and a second hand twin tip board also i bought a ocean rodeo bronco 12m 2004 model but is brand new. can anybody tell me if my north bar would work with the ocean kite? and any tips would be very helpfull. e.g. safe windspeeds ,places to go, courses or lessons in from the norwich area
    thanks Calvin

New Registered Member
    Brand new to the Kite Crowd - I have been following the forum for a couple of months having bought my first Kite and a training kite - have yet to get on the water but have been enjoying the training kite and have bought a land board which has seen itys first few succesful runs. U nfortunately that excitemnent saw me leave the bar in the field.............. the joys of sport - oddly despite not being on the water yet apart from my course last autumn I already feel the need to add a second kite to my quiver...... I guess I already have the bug

Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast