Are you new here? Introduce yourself. - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you new here? Introduce yourself.

New Registered Member
    Hi All,

I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks since picking up a kite for the first time since I was a kid on the beach at Lytham. It was a very cheap twin line stunt kite that ended up in the bin but I was having so much fun with it I decided to try something a bit better and more fun.

I've just got back from the shop after buying a new Flexifoil Sting 2.4. Have I made the right choice? Haven't flown it yet as it's been pissing it down all day but hopefully will get it out at the weekend.

I'm still having second thoughts. I was torn between a couple of others, Ozone Imp Quattro 3.5 and Peter Lynn Hornet 3.0. All the same sort of price but I wanted something fun to learn with. I wasn't worried about being swept away as I'm 6'4 and 16 Stone... the guy in the shop, (anti-gravity in York) suggested I might like to step straight into a 4.0... But I figured at least if I get bored of this one I can get Herself to try this one or save it for the kids when they're old enough, 3 and 6 months at the moment :-)

I'm based between Leeds and Bradford and would be interested for any good spots round me to go and fly or maybe meet up and get some advice from you more experienced fellas?

Anyhow, cheers and see yous around.
    Brand Newbie Flexifoil Sting 2 - 2.4

New Registered Member
    hello (: i'm kassie, i'm a 17 year old girl from Pembrokeshire, Wales. I started kiting when i was about 12/13 years old. I have one kite, a blue 'Eolo Sport Traction 3m Radsail', and I absolutely love it! I took to kiting really quickly, my mum and her friend who started me off were shocked especially because of my age, and I always went for a kite at least 3m because I love the power that they can generate and being dragged across the beach!
    i'm really happy that I've found somewhere that I can talk about kiting and people will actually be interested to hear, as none of my friends do any sport like this.
    I named my kite 'Ryo', which means Dragon in Japanese.
    i'll get round to teaching myself land-boarding! and i'd love to try buggying again, I couldn't do it when I was younger as I was too short!
    Not much else to say.. hope I learn something on this forum, and I hope to hear some good stories! (:

New Registered Member
    Hi All -

I will review in more detail / find my way around this Forum Site in due course, but for now....

I had a good chat with Mick (Norfolk Crowd) at Lancing (nr Worthing, South Coast) today, he put me on to this / your site.
    The Mick I am talking about is just about to sell his loyal & trusty Takoon Nova kite, as just bought a newer one.

I had my typical 2 day kitesurfing course last month, got blown off the water on a North Evo 7mtr, wind was blowing 25mph at the start and ramped to 35mph! Crazy for my first ever lesson under a kite but managed to keep it at 12 o/c walking 20 min's! back up wind each time after a few down wind body drags - what a buzz! I have been trying to get my next lesson ever since, waiting for the wind to be right with the guy teaching me - this coming Friday hopefully....
    I can't wait to start and nail cross / upwind body dragging and getting on a board, but not possible in such conditions first time out.
    I did managed to re-launch off the water a few times up the side of the wind window back to 12 o/c for another over too fast body drag, then yet more walking back up wind!

So the 2 day course was not a good return on my 200 due to the conditions, but I am aware it is part of the cost of getting into the sport so keen to get my own kit if / when I am safe enough to do so.......

I need better conditions on my next lesson then maybe buy my own 2009 / 2010 Best Kahoona 7.5 or 11.5mtr to start with to at least get me out on the water!
    But I guess I need that all important next decent! 2-4 hours of lessons first to get me safe and ready?

I guess I can contact Mick direct once you give me clearance......

Cheers,
    Allan

New Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TVOR View Post

I've just got back from the shop after buying a new Flexifoil Sting 2.4. Have I made the right choice? Haven't flown it yet as it's been pissing it down all day but hopefully will get it out at the weekend.

I'm still having second thoughts. I was torn between a couple of others, Ozone Imp Quattro 3.5 and Peter Lynn Hornet 3.0. All the same sort of price but I wanted something fun to learn with.
    Well,

I managed to get a couple of hours in at the weekend. Good, fun, easy kite to start on so I'm happy.

Once I get some skills together I think I'll be looking for a big Blade or a Twister to get some air with.

Addicted, already. meeeeee?
    Brand Newbie Flexifoil Sting 2 - 2.4

welcome TVOR ,i personally havn't flown a sting but i imagine they're fast little buggers and lots o fun, and thats what it should be about,lots o fun and enjoyment,not so fun when injuries start comimg into the equation but hey..good with the bad and all that...fly as much as you can with the sting,learn as much as you can from it too,this will make the transition to the blade/twister u mentioned a wee bit easier,like any kite they can punish you but as long as you are pretty clued up and fly safe you'll have a blast.... enjoy

Registered Member
    hello im fiodor from london
    very beginner waiting for my 1st kite hope it will come tomorrow
    oxigen pro 5 m
    i found out about Kitecrowd from one guy who sold the kite to me
    so i am here and hope to get as much information as i can about the kite i bougth and especialy if its not a litlle too big for me and some general advice how to play with it without killing mysefl also will be great to meet someone around london to share experience and hear about some nice places where to catch good wind and big enough for buggy
    greetings and thanks

New Registered Member
    Hi all,

I hav ebeen flying a 3.3 Sting for the last 8 months, and after being allowed a try at some of the bigger stuff, i am now thinking of a 5m HQ Crossfire, any advise?

Thanks

Chris

Hi I'm Keith

Been kiting a few years, didn't do any last year but have just started again with a buggy and am loving it again.

harrrrrrr me arties welcome to the asylum

where we work hard and play harder
    ALL THE BEST.....
    FESTA

PIRATES OF THE ABERREAN

my obe.>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyai0RMDXp4
    http://www.thekiteco.com/
    CKS forum
    I hope its not to big !
    moderator: "it's rather big"ok i'll leavit as it is then

Hi all,

Im having a problem with my North bar 2011, chicken loop unexpectedly quick released it self a few days ago. It's still a new bar maybe used 5 times... so I tried to find out what was the problem by searching into kite forums, and here i find out this forum which looks pretty awesome and helpful, but still didn't find the cure i was looking for.

Anyway I think i said more than enough for my first post. If somebody knows anything or has the same problem please tell me.

Have fun !

A.

Repair Dude
    Hello all,

My name is Jason and I'm a sail maker/Kite repairer.
    Not here to spam, just offer advice if I can, so I'll shut up for now!

Take it breezy.

New Registered Member
    Hi All,
    After several years of seeing others enjoyin' kites I thought it was time I gave it a go!!

Not wanting to waste cash on somthing I might not get on with but cant wait to try I've bought my first kite and board from the cheaper end of the market I have an Exit 4M kite and Exit board!! now I need advice on where I can go in or around the Telford area!! oh and of course how to attach my lines to my kite!!

You loon! Do you do this like once a month? Hehehee

I was just reading the 'new' threads, and not many have got responses this last week... I could give lots of (DODGY!) advise to these new fellas and ladies, but wonder why there's not much chatter here of days?

Hey new people! Thanks for picking up a power kite, and welcome to the forum!

Registered Member
    Hola! New kiter here, wannabe kitesurfer.

Just taken the first steps with a couple of lessons with Brighton Kitesurfing Academy, trying to get the hang of waterstarts - total ride time now almost 10 seconds!

Been lurking here for a while, lots of great info. Thanks!

Registered Member
    Hey im mark i havent bought a kite yet but looking forward to buying on soon

Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast