Are you new here? Introduce yourself. - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you new here? Introduce yourself.

Are you new here? Introduce yourself.

Hi,

Thanks for joining the forum, hope you will be able to get all the advice you might want. Or perhaps find a new kite.

Why not take a moment to introduce yourself, and let us know how you found out about Kitecrowd.

Maybe catch you out flying, who knows!
    Last edited by rasga; 29th April 2010 at 14:26.

Registered Member
    Hi All !

I have been reading kite forums for a couple of months now, reading reviews and the such, and just before xmas I bought a 5m Mk1 Crossfire as my first kite ! I was a bit worried i might have bitten off more than I can chew, but I have found that it has been a good learning curve, the kite is really responsive, and easier to turn than my mates Twister of a similar size. Only thing is i dont have the strength in my fingers to hold onto it after a couple of hours !

I have been flying in the Derbyshire/Manchester area but i really am getting an itch to have a go in a buggy....

Anyway, enough for now, I am looking forward to getting involved in the forum a bit more after my silent lurking so far !

And I want to say a big thanks for the wealth of info you guys have unknowingly given me so far !!

Peace !

Andy

welcome andy

4. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

Hi all,

I've posted a kind of 'introductory' post here (click meh), on my first attempt at flying something bigger than a plastic bag.

Trawling through various sites looking for info and "kite-flying paraphernalia", I stumbled upon these forums and decided to stick around.

I'm still trying to decide if the FBIII 6.6 is too much of a steep learning curve for my first 4-line traction kite, after flying a Big Buzz for a few months (very strong winds = lots of fun) and then being dragged around a field with the FBIII, but I eventually want to get into boarding when I've mastered the brakes, which is all new to me. I'm tempted to try and find someone to show me the ropes (although I have always been one for finding out how things work on my own).

You all seem like a very good bunch of peeps, and I hope to share my future kiting adventures here

Chris
    --------------------------------
    Flexifoil Big Buzz
    Flexifoil Blade III 6.6m
    Ozone Flow 4m
    Scrub Taurus ATB
    Libre Special Buggy
    "Why is it, you only make a fool of yourself when people are watching?"

New Registered Member
    Hi All

I'm Tony, a kite pilot for many a year. Mainly in to large show kites, single line, quite a few duel line trick & finally a couple of revs. Did the buggy thing about 10 yr ago almost killed myself but other than that I'm from the UK, living on the Surrey Hants boarders.

Planning on using one of my more stable flying platforms to give photography ago.

New Registered Member
    Yo i like to kite that's pretty much it so short but sweat

welcome chris, toerag and coop dog

ive always wanted to fly one of those big show kites

Hi All been here a while, thought i should introduce myself.

An antipodean upstart 56 yo lives inthe Blue Mtns In NSW. have major wind problem, never strong enough.
    Been a kiting fan for a number of years using a small foil. Became single and became addicted to things kiting,
    am a buggy nut, I kite on football fields and wherever.

New Registered Member
    Hi All. I've been kitesurfing for about 2 years now, mostly at Branny. Hi to Ken and Jake who convinced me to join up and be part of the movement.
    Cheers
    Rich

Registered Member
    Hi All
    Im karolis and i live in manchester
    Now im trying to buy my first Power kite
    And i wanna find some ppl who goes to Heaton park in manchetser.

Im not good at this as you can see.
    Last edited by grybanas; 5th April 2010 at 13:35.

Registered Member Next_Door_Flyer's Avatar
    Hi there fellow kite flyers...

My name is Bartek aka Next_Door_Flyer.

Im 26, living in London... started with the kite a few years back but only last 6 months were the point during which I got totally, 100% hooked up.

I only have a 3m Beamer HQ and a Scrub Tatras Landboard ... but I guess is a good starting point... need to learn somehow and best learn how to walk before trying to run etc.

Any ways ... happy to found this place... heard people here are very helpful so looking forward to getting some good advice from u lot

Thanks

Next_Door_Flyer

New Registered Member
    hi folks

here a kiter from holland.
    i'm a landboarder with scrub boards and three cults
    i've found this forum by google because i'm looking for a ozone cult 3.5.
    these kites are in holland rare too find .

so if here are kiters who want to sel a cult 3.5 kite only rtf of collor doesn't mather.

New Registered Member
    Hello all!
    The Gloucester crew have hit the waves....Looking for bargains and to see what kind of riders get out there....maybe see you on the water!....."black biiird I'll av eeee"!!

Registered Member
    Hey,
    Im David 21yrs old living in South East England near Brighton. Been a member on this forum since about xmas when i was looking for a kite for learning to kitesurf with.

Used to just fly just to have fun and get dragged around the field by a 5.5m bullet, and did a spot of land boarding but was never any good. since last summer i have just started learning to kitesurf and my main sports are shoreham and camber

David

New Registered Member
    hi all im steve. havent been flying that long but getting there lol so hi to you all

Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast