Lincolnshire East Coast Users part 5 - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincolnshire East Coast Users part 5

aka carlos fandango popeyethewelder's Avatar

Lincolnshire East Coast Users part 5

Hi all, and welcome to the Lincolnshire thread....

There's not many of us left, but those that are still with us enjoy mainly flying at the beach, we are a friendly bunch and will help you out when ever we can.

Places where we Buggy are

Mablethorpe, the best location around these parts,
    park at

The Seal Sanctuary
    North End
    Mablethorpe
    Lincolnshire
    LN12 1QG

Head onto the beach from here, once on the beach, you can buggy 1/2 mile to the left and 1 1/2 miles to the right, when the beach is good it is good for boarders too, stay away from the public and respect any animals that frequent the beach, during the summer months the beach gets busy with holiday makers, its best to stay up the north end away from young kids etc etc. Please clear away any litter and rubbish that you might have with you and leave the beach clean for everyone to enjoy

or Cleethorpes, park at

Thorpe Park Holiday Park
    Cleethorpes
    North East Lincolnshire
    DN35 0PW

Preferred winds are Easterlies, but any wind wind an east in it you will have a good day, north and south winds are cross shore, best to go then when the tides are well out, westerlies will still get you moving, but expect gusty lumpy winds.

If you would like any other info, please pm either House or popeyethewelder

ps here's a link to our previous thread http://community.flexifoil.com/showt...______________

Carl
    Last edited by popeyethewelder; 2nd February 2009 at 16:34.

Well here we go again....Lincs thread Mk 5

Happy new thread guys......Glad you managed to get your lines sorted pops. Parapacking is just another word for 'stuffed in the bag' to some people....lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Bibbler View Post
    Happy new thread guys......Glad you managed to get your lines sorted pops. Parapacking is just another word for 'stuffed in the bag' to some people....lol

well all his kites were not parapacked they were looped, I know what I done wrong...I opened the bag took the handles out, took the hooped lines out and walked back to the stake...WRONG.

I should have staked the handles, took the looped lines out and let them fall off my hand as they become up hooped until all the lines are out....of course when is -8 and blowing 30mph you tend to forget, especially when you have never unpacked like that before

Things not good this end, been put on a lay off day tomorrow god knows what the rest of the week will bring

DARKSKY KITES TEAM RIDER windjammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by martincooke View Post
    Things not good this end, been put on a lay off day tomorrow god knows what the rest of the week will bring
    more time for the beach then, but there again you dont do that much

Cheeky git

Sorry to hear that Martin - hope it turns out better than you're thinking

well i got to fill a job application form in tomorow, but dont know were to start i put my name at the top thats about it, i been self employed for 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by windjammer View Post
    well i got to fill a job application form in tomorow, but dont know were to start i put my name at the top thats about it, i been self employed for 15 years
    Yeah my eldest lad has now finished brickying, I am surprised he has lasted as long as he has....but as far as I know being self employed means you are not entitled to job seekers allowance.....what are you meant to live on, poor sod still hasn't been paid for the last 10 weeks work yet anyway (paid when the jobs complete...so he says)....perhaps he needs to have a foreign accent...we have no work on again at the moment, construction industry is and will be going few a very lean time during the next year, and many firms will fall by the way side....

Lets hope things turn out ok Martin, and good luck with the application Mat

Registered Member
    10 weeks is too long without a draw. I don't think they can hold money that long. I'm reluctant to do 30 days unless I know the firm. I've had about two weeks work since the first week in December I think when your self employed you get used to it.

Matt! Go back to Nottingham lol

Quote Originally Posted by m4ccam View Post
    10 weeks is too long without a draw. I don't think they can hold money that long. I'm reluctant to do 30 days unless I know the firm. I've had about two weeks work since the first week in December I think when your self employed you get used to it.

it cant be that bad, you bought all my kites

Quote Originally Posted by m4ccam View Post

..........but when is he going to fly them

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bibbler View Post

..........but when is he going to fly them
    Very soon I hope. Problem is er indoors has a load of holidays left so she's booked them all at weekends

i still feeling the stoke from sunday, although it snowed there was sun inbetween the showers and that new buggy was brill, was amazed how the 2m brooza pulled me and bibbler and our buggys in tandem.

Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast