Is this the end of the monthly competition? - Kitecrowd Kite Forum

Thread: Is this the end of the monthly competition?

moderator Kitecrowd Helper lunaloco's Avatar

Is this the end of the monthly competition?

It seems like we lack entrants to our monthly competition lately.
    Back in the day we used to run themed competitions, which people didn't always like because you were obliged to follow the theme for that month. This is why we made the competition open and without a subject or theme. This would enable more people to enter the competition with any photo of their choice.

Now it seems like there's little to no interest in the competition in it's current format.

Is it time for change? Please discuss and post your suggestions in this thread because it would be a shame to see the competition disappear.

Recently added to the bag: 5.5m & 6.5m PKD Century

FOR SALE: 12m Flexifoil Firestorm k/o, never used 16m RRD Type HiR RTF. PM your offer.

flickr

Quote Originally Posted by plummet View Post
    morale of the story. don't piss with the wind over 30 knots!
    I do not give permission for the media in any way to quote either in full or partial, from any comment, from this forum without prior written permission.

Luna, first and foremost, Ive always enjoyed looking thro the posted pics. I never commented but many made me wow. I'm not sure about a competition themed thread BUT I'm sure an open thread to post interesting pics on is a great idea. As it gets nearer summer, maybe things will pick up on here. Hoping so anyway. I was looking at another thread btw. 38 replies, 958 views all in a week. A lot of lookers. Keep posting mate. I'll pass serious opinion.

A sun rise over Diani beach Kenya.

Cock of the year 2012 and 2013 and now 2015.

For sure it would be a shame to loose the comp. Like most I'm lazy and haven't taken any pics for awhile but still enjoy looking at the entries, I suppose it's a case of step up to the mark and take part in the comp or loose it, I'd be happier to enter an "open" class.
    Build, tune, fly....repeat

Blade V 4.9m & 8.5m VIP,Ozone Frenzy 11m, SS Flexifoil buggy, PL hybrid suspension buggy (PTW), MBS core 95.
    homemade:
    NPW 5 enhanced 3m
    NPW 9b: 7m (Union Jack). NPW HA 3m (Damien), 10m (Jolly R). NPW21 5m (aka Zombie), 8m (Batman), NPW 23 3m, 11.8m (NASA), NPW 23 HA 6.8m
    The Hammers: 5m, 7.2 & 12m

http://forum.kitecrowd.com/recreational/build-start-finish-202725.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

Registered Member
    Yeah lets keep this going be a real shame to see it go. I promise ill make more of an effort form now on in.

Registered Member
    i will get my lazy ass into gear and enter again. only comment on improvements for me would be that rather than the winner start the new thread and the voting why dont we just say whoever happens to be on on the 1st starts the voting thread and then whoever is on on the 5th starts the new comp? as we often waited for the right person to come and start the thread.

I haven't posted a photo for quite a while due to my home laptop breaking and not having anything to do some decent editing on. A bit of a crappy excuse i know lol.

It would be a real shame to see the comp die as I feel it helped me to be a better photographer by giving me a good incentive to go above and beyond what I otherwise would have.