Found: Help! Found my lost board on eBay is there anything I can do! - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Found my lost board on eBay is there anything I can do!

Registered Member

Help! Found my lost board on eBay is there anything I can do!

Just found it as looking for a new board! Is there any other way of getting it back apart from contacting the seller. Has anyone ever has success doing this?
    north x ride kite board | eBay
    Thanks,
    George
    George Meredith

2. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

Registered Member
    how do you know it is yours? bid on it, win bid pay cash or not when you collect. Hope you have proof its yours - serial numbers etc.

Registered Member
    I know it is mine because of the size is not very common, the way the handle is bent cus I bent it that way, also the ozone sticker next to the handle is one which I put on it! I have no doubt it is the one I lost. Unfortunately no i don't have serial numbers. Messaged the person but not sure if they will respond.
    George Meredith

5. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

I think its important we don't spook the guy. For me the Ozone sticker is the clincher. What can we do? I think Teds suggestion was good. If you want us to bid on it I'll certainly help. Its important you win it whatever the cost tbh.
    Cock of the year 2012 and 2013 and now 2015.

Registered Member
    yeah I will definately bid on it, but i'm not going to go that high as annoyingly i just bought another board last week.
    George Meredith

Registered Member
    Yes but don't pay for it. Could you get the serial number from the shop you brought it off? they may have records.

I think it may be a difficult thing to get it back whatever. Unless you've given police the same info we have for eg, the Ozone sticker, then I think it would be a hard thing to prove. What I would do is bid it till you buy it. Get as much info on the guy as can. Addy, phone number but don't make any verbal or confrontational contact. Once you've won it then at least he can't move it on for another week.

How did you lose it George?

I would inform the police. I polite call from them will more than likely spook them into getting your board back. I would explain when and where you lost it and how you know its yours.

It does seem odd as the only other transactions this person has done are clothes.

Good luck.
    Taina - 5.5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14 & 17
    Arawak - 7, 9, 12
    Edge 133 & 136 and the new 139 Wake style
    www.starkitesuk.co.uk

Registered Member
    yeah think i might try that, do you know how that will effect my ebay account if i buy it then don't pay for it? Ill offer money to get it back and would probably go and pick it up personally. Lost it the usually way, was too far upwind for me to get it and i assumed another kiter would pick it up..but once i went inshore never saw it again
    George Meredith

PETER LYNN TEAM RIDER Brand Rep carl-the-bullet's Avatar
    have a look here, not exactly the same situation as you but he got it back www.kiteboarder.co.uk • View topic - What would you do.... Lost board

Registered Member
    Result! After saying i would give £50 as a 'finding fee' the item is now off ebay and hopefully will be reunited soon. I can assure you all of my kit will be covered in permanent marker now and serial numbers will be taken! What a relief, cheers for the advice
    George Meredith

Great end to the story. Sad that people would rather make money than try and return something to its owner.
    Taina - 5.5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14 & 17
    Arawak - 7, 9, 12
    Edge 133 & 136 and the new 139 Wake style
    www.starkitesuk.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by StarKitesUK View Post
    Sad that people would rather make money than try and return something to its owner.
    As Big Frank once said. " Thats life". Result tho but keep us updated when you 2 are back together.

New Registered Member Site Supporter
    hi there,
    my father is the gentleman who, whilst walking his local beach the other day found the board floating in the shallows. He waded in to collect it and asked the other surfers in the area if any of them had lost it, they all said no but to put it on Ebay as you would get a few quid for it.
    So that is what he did, and I believe in this country to date there is nothing "odd, strange or illegal" about selling something you've found on your local beach. so the comments suggesting calling the local police are pretty pathetic really.
    After George contacted via Ebay my father did the kind thing and cancelled the listing on ebay and is now in the process of arranging the board to be returned to it's rightful owner. As my father has fished for many years he also owns equipment that is precious and specific to him, so understood that George would like the board back.
    Consider this.. there are still real men left in this country who are happy to return items to their real owners, and I resent the comments and judgement made about my father. I suspect he is one of a few people nowadays who would be honest enough to return something on somebody's word who he has never met. Basically what I'm trying to get across here is he has done nothing wrong, yet been slated on this forum yet none of you have ever met him. He occasionally finds golf balls whilst walking the beach, do you think he should also try and return these to their original owners, or face having the police on his door step? just ridiculous.
    By the way, judging from these posts I'm assuming you kitesurfers are all extremely kind and honest people? So next time, you find a tenner in the street you'll be handing it into your local police station as lost?! yeah right.

Your Dad is a decent and honourable bloke and I'm sure no one here would disagree BUT he is a rarity I'm afraid. We deal with quite a lot of guys who are not and phoning the police is the only option as evidence of contact and certainly not expecting them to do anything. If stuff had kicked off, the police would be asking why they hadnt been informed.

Once again, your Dad is a decent bloke. Wish mine was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast