Buying from here! - Kitecrowd Kite Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying from here!

Registered Member

Buying from here!

Hi people,

I wanted to ask if it safe to buy something from here?
    Is there any insurance?

I dont know if i do right to post it here.

Thanks in advance
    Theo

2. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

hi theo
    ive bought and sold plenty on here, and its all down to trust, there is a name and praise thread take a look through, im sure the seller can offer you names of forum members who can vouch for them. like i said its all on trust exchange numbers and have a chat see how you feel

Registered Member
    I am telling this because i have bought one kite and today i was supposed To resieve the tracking number and i have no responce....

5. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

Who was it that sold it to you and hopefully he'll come onto this post and explain... I'm sure he has posted it unless his name is Jacko

Quote Originally Posted by broraboyan View Post
    Who was it that sold it to you and hopefully he'll come onto this post and explain... I'm sure he has posted it unless his name is Jacko
    Yes, there's always 2 sides to the story.

The guys on here are great, honest and reliable. BUT theres always one or 2 around who use this to their advantage. Complete bstrds !!!!

If in doubt, just ask for some references from other buyers. No one I know will complain about that BUT its a bit late for that.

I await your next post.
    Cock of the year 2012 and 2013 and now 2015.

Haha - I bought 2 kites off here which never turned up. They were sold by a complete scumbag, under a false name and a complete scam. I was extremely fortunate to track him down through the bank account number he gave me, and had to go to court in order to get all my money back.
    I tread very carefully now.
    Drag 'n Fly Not Dragonfly! ><

You see if they give you all the details, addy, phone numbers, emailly etc AND have decent references then there's no major worries. Ive had/done loads of transactions and been blessed with good seller/buyers. EXCEPT 2. Now one guy was between house moves and FORGOT to send the kite. FFS !!! The other who shall remain nameless, but owned this forum sent the wrong kite. As it was he was decent enough to board a train in Stoke to bring the right one to me.

Make that 3. A thievin cnut had a Garmin gps off me then left the forum. Signed up on RK with another name. Fortunately, one of the regulars on here heard of my predicament and informed me of this guys move. Boy, did he sh*t himself when I rocked up to meet him.

the right sort of wrongun 5N1TCH's Avatar
    I've bought and sold kites and other bits and pieces on here, no problems except for the lad who's mum kept forgetting to post the bar and lines I'd paid him for three months previously.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnfly View Post
    Haha - I bought 2 kites off here which never turned up. They were sold by a complete scumbag, under a false name and a complete scam. I was extremely fortunate to track him down through the bank account number he gave me, and had to go to court in order to get all my money back.
    I tread very carefully now.
    i have paid with paypal i hope from there will able to solve this!

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    You see if they give you all the details, addy, phone numbers, emailly etc AND have decent references then there's no major worries. Ive had/done loads of transactions and been blessed with good seller/buyers. EXCEPT 2. Now one guy was between house moves and FORGOT to send the kite. FFS !!! The other who shall remain nameless, but owned this forum sent the wrong kite. As it was he was decent enough to board a train in Stoke to bring the right one to me.

Make that 3. A thievin cnut had a Garmin gps off me then left the forum. Signed up on RK with another name. Fortunately, one of the regulars on here heard of my predicament and informed me of this guys move. Boy, did he sh*t himself when I rocked up to meet him.
    hahhaha

Look theo, don't let one maybe experience make you think we're a bad lot. As I said oilier, most are great guys.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    Yes, there's always 2 sides to the story.

The guys on here are great, honest and reliable. BUT theres always one or 2 around who use this to their advantage. Complete bstrds !!!!

If in doubt, just ask for some references from other buyers. No one I know will complain about that BUT its a bit late for that.

I await your next post.
    I was trying to do transaction in good will and i didnt wanted to be rood about a person and tried to trust him and trust this site.I know the site isnt responsible for this kind of actions.the thing is that i am far away and i dont know how to act

p.s. sorry for my english

the right sort of wrongun 5N1TCH's Avatar
    Theo, you don't wanna let them know that you're far away. Because if all else fails threatening them with a visit often works

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5N1TCH View Post
    Theo, you don't wanna let them know that you're far away. Because if all else fails threatening them with a visit often works
    Hahahaha i friends mate they can do my work!!!!

New Registered Member Site Supporter
    Before I get too slated I'll jump in.

I am the one who sold Teo the Kite. It was my fault that I didn't send the tracking number. I forgot, totally my fault. Then as I'm in the UK and it was the bank holiday weekend and I went camping with my family, unfortunately no signal and then a flat phone meant I was out of the loop until Monday. Since then I have given Teo the tracking number and hopefully he can now see his package is awaiting delivery in Greece - Hopefully he has the Kite now.

To 5N1TCH - Please don't advocate threatening behaviour. This was my fault but violence is never an option. I hope that you don't always conduct yourself in this manner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast