LEI: Swap my 13m Instinct Sport plus for a 12 or 14m Instinct Light XC? - Kitecrowd Kite Forum

Thread: Swap my 13m Instinct Sport plus for a 12 or 14m Instinct Light XC?

A salty sailor since 2012 coupey's Avatar

Swap my 13m Instinct Sport plus for a 12 or 14m Instinct Light XC?

Hi,

I've got an almost brand new 13m Instinct Sport plus 09, with no rips, tears, or repairs, and am looking to swap it for a 12m or 14m Light XC. My kite is in excellent condition, bought new by me and flown 5 times. Has a few muddy marks on Leading edge, otherwise immaculate. Flown mostly over grass and twice at the beach. It is in a beautiful white, olive and grey. I don't have any photos yet, but, even better, it is the actual instinct flying in the video below (I'm in the buggy - there is some footage of it flying in the middle).

The Light XC must be in similar condition and must be 09.

Perhaps you fancy something a little wilder than your XC, or perhaps you just fancy a change!!

I am in Hull, but would travel for the right kite...

PM me.

Last edited by coupey; 26th August 2010 at 19:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

Don't really want to sell so swap only thanks!
    Last edited by coupey; 26th August 2010 at 22:52.

Why would you want to sell such an awesome kite to get something that's almost exactly the same? I understand you pilot a buggy but don't get it. I love my 13 sport+ but prefer my 9m version for the turning speed and pop you get as a result.
    Don't let the fear of falling keep you from knowing the joy of flight!

5. Remove Advertisements
    KiteCrowd.com
    Advertisements

am also curious! used to have an xc light 10m till it disintegrated! am thinking of getting a sport now but yours is out my range!
    LF Havoc 14m 2007, Ocean Rodeo one 9m, Naish Sol 134cm. scrub vapour, peter lynn twister 4m,

Needing small repairs or UP FOR SALE caution spitfire III 12m complete. Ozone instinct Light XC 10m complete. Slingshotfuel 2006/7 17m Complete

Well I don't REALLY want to sell. Just to swap. I have an 8m Light XC and it is an absolute riot in the buggy, without too much lift. I always feel like the Sport wants me to fly. It's a tiger. I don't really do tigers. I thought a 12m or 14m Light XC would have more pull and less lift than the Sport+.

Maybe I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by coupey View Post
    Well I don't REALLY want to sell. Just to swap. I have an 8m Light XC and it is an absolute riot in the buggy, without too much lift. I always feel like the Sport wants me to fly. It's a tiger. I don't really do tigers. I thought a 12m or 14m Light XC would have more pull and less lift than the Sport+.

Maybe I'm wrong!
    The way you fly them creates the lift really. Even a non lifty kite can lift you when flown in the right manner. I cant see why you want them for a buggy, do you have a phobia of foils? If you are not jumping, which I take it you are not if you want non lifty, why are you on an LEI? It doesnt make sense.

Tried an Access? A not very lifty depower traction foil! they are great in a buggy.

Registered Member danthedmrrider's Avatar
    This kite is imacculate (and in the best colour) after trying to pump it up with the deflation valve open, i got a nice long look at it lol. dont start him with access's zippy!! he knows them inside out i think hes had every model except the xt, might be wrong though. He has only just upgraded to leis for a change (he is learning to board now aswel), so guess thats a bump for a top kite and a top bloke
    flysurfer pimp!!
    all blue

The XT isnt as good as the XC IMO. At least he knows good kites though

PS, I prefer the orange one!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    The XT isnt as good as the XC IMO. At least he knows good kites though

PS, I prefer the orange one!
    If you'd seen me flying my 8m light XC yesterday zippy you'd know why I like them! Soooo much quicker on the turn than my old Accesses. Looping like crazy as I powered up the hill, and such precise turning. It was great!

Yeah. The Orange one is sweet. My likkle baby!

Umm I was refering to Accesses not instincts and I stand by my comment. The instinct is sure to be a great kite but why go from a sport+ to a light? there isnt that much difference between them.

Well Zippy, I don't HAVE to justify it to you, but here goes.

In the buggy, I prefer my 8m Light XC to my 13m Sport+. That may be because it is only 8m, or it may be because it is a Light XC. I don't know. So all I'm saying is that I'd be happy to swap and find out. It's no big deal, and was only an idea. There may be someone out there who wants a Sport+ for its increased performance.

As for LEIs over Accesses. Well:

1. Instincts turn sharper
    2. Instincts don't luff
    3. Instincts are quicker across the window
    4. Instincts can also be used on water
    5. If you dump an Access into wet sand on the beach, you've had it. The Instinct will fly on regardless
    6. Instincts have a huge wind range
    7. Most importantly: They don't make Accesses big enough

I agree that there isn't much difference between the light and the sport+, but they ARE different, have different characteristics and fly differently. If they didn't, why did Ozone make three different instincts?

One of the many Accesses that I have owned was a lovely orange, white and grey affair.

I hear ya bud. No need to justify I was just curious was all.

I think you may find the 8m better because of its size though. I definitely prefer my 9m over my 13m sport+. The size makes the difference and I long for 30+ mph again so I can fly the 9m.

Oh and as for big enough, mates of mine fly 15m Mantas in their buggies. That should be enough I would of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I hear ya bud. No need to justify I was just curious was all.

I think you may find the 8m better because of its size though. I definitely prefer my 9m over my 13m sport+. The size makes the difference and I long for 30+ mph again so I can fly the 9m.

Oh and as for big enough, mates of mine fly 15m Mantas in their buggies. That should be enough I would of thought.

Yeah, I had thought about the manta, but then you are into lift, and we are just going round in circles!!

It may be the size after all. All I know is I'm with you on wanting high winds so I can get the 8m out again! Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about the Sport+. Wouldn't want to fly anything else at the moment - only Instincts.

the right sort of wrongun 5N1TCH's Avatar
    I agree about the 10m Access not being big enough, I bought a 13m Frenzy to sit above mine. Have you tried one?

This thread is dead. Do not respond. All sorted now.